Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Fear: The edge of what you know

Yesterday I made a decision to set up a Meetup, a gathering of people that I would present a Vision Workshop to and create a discussion around the concepts I teach in my Dream Building coaching course.I decided on a date and time and as I pressed the confirmation button that would send this information out to the community, my FB friends and all my contacts I suddenly felt a feeling that can only be described as complete terror :). What if nobody came? What if too many people came? Do I really know this stuff well enough to present it to a group? What if the evening turned out to be a complete flop?

So what is fear anyway? It can can show up in ways such as dissuasion, ie, your mind telling you that whatever you are trying to achieve does not line up with the way you see yourself. It might sound like, "you're not smart enough." Fear can also show up as distraction, a sudden desire to clean your space or do laundry instead of what you need to do to create what you say you want. Finally, fear can show up as a physical bodily feeling like goose bumps, rapid heart beat or ....well, you get the picture :).

So, let's take a minute to ponder the idea that fear is just the edge of what you know right now; an opportunity to move beyond that, to a newer, happier, more abundant, more fully expressed version of you. Courage, after all is not doing something in the complete absence of fear. Courage is deciding for something, feeling the fear and doing it anyway.

You only get to live this life once so what would you like to be, do or have? What's on the other side of your edge of becoming?

In my coaching course, the Dream Builder, I teach proven strategies for dealing with fear and moving you forward to what you say you want. If you're interested in taking steps toward creating a life you would absolutely love, If you're tired of living the same year over and over again, or if you've tried to move forward but keep running into the same pitfalls, email me at marikavandommelen@lifemasteryinstitute.com for a complimentary strategy session. I do all my consultations and coaching by phone so distance is not a factor. Or if you are interested in learning more about what I do and live in the Lower Mainland, BC, feel free to contact me regarding my Vision Workshop on February 19th.

No comments:

Post a Comment