Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentines Day, It's all about the Love



Okay, so this is the second post I'm making this week but I was so called to write this morning as the last few days have been a process and I wanted to share both the lesson and the joy I learned from it. Once again it's Valentines Day and for the last few years my usual reaction prior to this day is to go into complete stress mode about it. To help you understand a little more about why this happens I need to tell you a little about myself.  Many of you may not know that I am a paraplegic, born with Spina Bifida. No big deal for the most part; I'm quite independent, I work (from home), I'm married and have a teenage son. I've accomplished most of what I have set out for myself and I love my life. However, as I'm digging deeper into my 40 something years I'm definitely noticing that the joints and energy aren't holding up like they used to and getting into the car to go anywhere myself is happening less and less often.

So, here's the question that usually runs through my mind before the big day. "How can I get something without having to strain myself and use up all my energy?" The result usually ends up being that I do nothing. My poor hubby is very understanding and never complains.

One of the most valuable lessons I learned in the process of becoming a Dream Builder Transformational Life Coach is that there is an answer to every question or problem and to ask empowering questions of the universe, rather than ones that leave me feeling uninspired and disempowered. So this year, I posed the question, "How can I do something very personal to show my husband how much I love him?" I was so surprised when the perfect answer came quickly. I realized that I have files full of beautiful photos on my computer that I took and a program for making cards. Big duh moment here folks. Why didn't I think of this before? No matter,  I decided to take one of my photos and put it onto card stock and write a personal message rather than some store bought greeting.

I know it doesn't sound like a lot but I loved the creativity of the process and when I gave it to him this morning he recognized how personal it was and the love that had gone into it. As it turned out, it was also one of his favourite photos. After all, it's not about the dollars we spend or how big a gift it is. It's about the love that went into.

Happy Valentines Day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment